Become a TFP Supporter Pool Math Forum Rules Pool School

Thread: LIMESCALE ON THE WALLS OF MY POOL-----URGENT! I NEED HELPP!!

1. Back To Top    #1

LIMESCALE ON THE WALLS OF MY POOL-----URGENT! I NEED HELPP!!

I need the fastest and easiest way to remove limescale of the tile walls of my swimming pool. I have tried Pressure washer, brush all sorts. the only thing i have managed to get it of with is a metal scraper, but this was cant be used as it scratches all the tiles... ANY SUGGESTIONS!????
    Attached Images Attached Images
    DrummerDan in San Antonio, TX, 55k gal, Rectangular in ground plaster, Single speed pump, Giant sand filter, Manual chlorination through tabs in skimmer basket and tab floater (move to bbb in progress), Kleen Machine robotic pool cleaner ran about twice a week

2. Back To Top    #2

Re: LIMESCALE ON THE WALLS OF MY POOL-----URGENT! I NEED HEL

36K gallon 42X22 gunite/plaster kidney-shaped IG;
    1 hp Hayward Super Pump (new in 2012);
    Hayward S244T sand filter w/ Zeosand (both new in 2009);
    175K BTU LAARS Lite2 LG natural gas heater; Polaris 380;
    TF-100 test kit.

3. Back To Top    #3

TFP Guide

It would take thousands of dollars in CLR to clean that up! I haven't used it but my neighbor had his pool cleaned with soda blasting. It got rid of all the calcium scale and did no damage at all. Scale is a real problem here in Tucson. His was pretty bad, but not as bad as what you are showing, and I think cost was around $400.
    chiefwej
    Tucson, AZ
    16x36 rectangular (19k) Pebble Tec play pool/spa, Pentair Intelliflo VS 011018, Super II 2hp (spa), Aqua Rite T-15 SWG, Pro Grid 60 DE, Hayward H400 & Heliocol Solar heating, A&A infloor system, fill water w/high CH and TA, 50 ppm borates,TF-100 test kit

4. Back To Top    #4

You can remove it with a diluted muriatic acid mixture, or if you are in a hurry and don't mind renting equipment you could use a plastic bead blaster.
    19K gal, vinyl, 1/2 HP WhisperFlo pump, 200 sqft cartridge filter, AutoPilot Digital SWG, Dolphin Dynamic cleaning robot
    Creator of PoolMath and Pool Calculator. Other handy links: Support this site, TF Test Kits, Pool School

5. Back To Top    #5

I am having the same problem, I looked online and found that the pros use a soda blaster. I had a guy come out and give me a price to clean mine ($560.00) I told him no thanks. I looked at harbor freight online and found that you can purchase a soda blaster for around $100.00 and a 50 pound bag of baking soda for around $35.00. I will be doing mine myself and saving about $400.00. there are videos on youtube on how you do it. It looks pretty simple.

Good luck, hope this helps

6. Back To Top    #6

In the Industry

I will be doing mine myself and saving about $400.00.
    The forum will be VERY interested in that outcome. If either of you use it, would you please post back the results?
    Dave S.
    42k vinyl and concrete pool, 1.5hp pump, 140gpm filter
    TFTestkits , PoolMath , Pool School