Calling on any fellow Minnesotans

May 31, 2011
As I posted earlier we are in the final stages of purchasing a 21 x 41 Doughboy pool that we are going to bury and concrete around. Part of the reason for wanting the concrete vs a wood deck is because we are also purchasing an automatic safety cover. After reading some posts, I have some concerns about how the auto covers will hold up in the Minnesota winter. Does anyone have an auto cover on an agp in Minnesota?

While we are going to the total above-ground way, we have some friends that have an in-ground with a auto-cover (required for in-ground in our area). The only problem they have had is mice eating the ropes and part of the cover. I think they built a nest inside the "box" part of the cover. Otherwise the cover itself has held up fine. I think it is about 5 years old.

Sorry I'm not much help, but sure am jealous you can have that much hard-cover in your yard...We are part of the watershed district and they sure take the fun out of owning a home.

Post pictures when you're done. I'd love to see it!

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.