Become a TFP Supporter Pool Math Forum Rules Pool School

Thread: Calling on any fellow Minnesotans

1. Back To Top    #1

Calling on any fellow Minnesotans

As I posted earlier we are in the final stages of purchasing a 21 x 41 Doughboy pool that we are going to bury and concrete around. Part of the reason for wanting the concrete vs a wood deck is because we are also purchasing an automatic safety cover. After reading some posts, I have some concerns about how the auto covers will hold up in the Minnesota winter. Does anyone have an auto cover on an agp in Minnesota?

2. Back To Top    #2

Re: Calling on any fellow Minnesotans

While we are going to the total above-ground way, we have some friends that have an in-ground with a auto-cover (required for in-ground in our area). The only problem they have had is mice eating the ropes and part of the cover. I think they built a nest inside the "box" part of the cover. Otherwise the cover itself has held up fine. I think it is about 5 years old.

Sorry I'm not much help, but sure am jealous you can have that much hard-cover in your yard...We are part of the watershed district and they sure take the fun out of owning a home.

Post pictures when you're done. I'd love to see it!
    24' Round Diamond Star, 54" wall height, 200sq ft sta-rite cartridge filter
    Dynamo 1hp 2 speed pump, 199k Rheem milivolt heater
    Pool rover jr. - our best friend!
    Tf-100 plus borate strips and Taylor k1000.

3. Back To Top    #3

Re: Calling on any fellow Minnesotans

Thanks for your input and I'll be sure to post pics of the process and finished result.