Hi All

Hey, KAB,

Welcome to the forum!! Start in Pool School. Read the basic articles and that will prompt lots of questions.

You will need a very good test kit. What kind of testing do you do now? How does your water look now? Why are you switching?

Plenty of people here to help you get the job done easily.

Thanks fo r the welcome! I have been in "pool heck" for 3 years and would really like to move on. I do need some help though.
My current levels are Copper .7,PH7.0,CH 300,TA 19. The water is kind of gray. I did read a past link from someone who talked about switching over to chlorine from their Ecosmarte system but it really was not very descriptive.

I am draining out half the water and getting some new . I have ordered some Iron free to put in the get rid of the copper. I have read the pool school but I am kind of confused about what I should do after that. I did order my TF100 and hope that it will get here soon.

Can someone help me with some proper steps? I would really appreciate it!

Welcome to TFP!!

Follow the directions on the metal out bottle for dosing, thay should include pH and chlorine levels for using it.

PLEASE have a touch of POP (Pool Owner Patience), I know you want it fixed right now, but undoing 3 years of Eco-Smart isn't going to happen overnight and rushing things might end you up with other problems :)

You found the right place to help you with your pool :goodjob: , please heed our advice, the process will be quicker :cool:

Ok. I have another concern. I got new water today. I put in the Metal Free. I went to go put it on recirculate to get the metal free to move around and I realized that might not be a good idea. I still have my Ecosmarte chamber with the copper bars in it. My pool guy cannot come until next week. If I start it up to recirculate the water won't it just go crazy on those copper bars and not be enough to take care of the water? Hmm. Does anyone have any ideas? should I try and remove the copper bars? I do not know how stable the chamber would be with just those screws sticking out in there.
Thanks!!

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support