Become a TFP Supporter Pool Math Forum Rules Pool School

Thread: need help please

1. Back To Top    #1

need help please

I am a new to TFP. I need help I have been battling with algea for a week now. taken sample of water to a place that I been going to for past 5 yrs (they been really good). I have put in 48# chlorine, qt. black algeacide, qt. murtice acide, and running the pump 24/7 all the level is good except for the cyn which is at 20. We live in Ok where it is hot this week the temp is above 90 degree I have put the chlorine in the evening every 12 hrs. The pool is 25,000 gal inground vinyl pool, sand fliter, pump is 1.5 hp. I have thinking that the cyn is low that it is not holding the fc to kill the algea. I am at my wits end please help. I don't want to drain the pool but if I have too I will.

2. Back To Top    #2
    East Texas

Re: need help please

Can you post us a full set of test results they gave you? How does the water look?

16x32x52" Steel Cornelius Miramar AGP Vinyl liner 13,100 gal. Buried 2 ft.
    2 Speed Hayward Power-Flo Matrix 85 g.p.m. 22" 250lb. sand filter hard plumbed
    Pool Rover Jr., Pool Blaster Max, Diver Dave TF100 Test Kit/Speed Stir
    Margaritaville Frozen Concoction Maker, Liqour Chiller, & Drink Mixer & Party Tub----Collect 'um all!

3. Back To Top    #3

my last test was on friday morning June the 17th I add another 9# of chlorine in the evening.
    hardness 260
    alkalintiy 60
    cya 0

4. Back To Top    #4
    South Carolina

Hi Mike,

You need to get your CYA up to about 30 for now.

If you still have algae or cloudy water, you need to shock your pool. Your shock level is 10 for now.
    See Pool School for shock instructions/directions.

Before you shock, drop your pH to about 7.4.

You really need a good test kit. It's the best investment you will make in your pool!
    See test kits compared in Pool School. Link to my fav TF100 in my sig.

Do yourself a favor and don't add algacides or anything other than bleach/liquid chlorine and CYA for now.

TFP Moderator TF100 Test Kit TF100 TestKit YouTube Channel PoolMath
    You're done SLAMing when:
    1)You lose 1ppm or less FC overnight, & 2)You have .5ppm CC's or less, & 3)your water is clear.

~ One should not use a sledge hammer to swat a mosquito. ~

If you found TFP helpful and we saved you money ... Become a TFP Supporter!