Become a TFP Supporter Pool Math Forum Rules Pool School

Thread: Some Imput..

1. Back To Top    #1

Some Imput..

Just put new liner in pool last week. Filled it up on Monday. had 0 CYA added 4 lbs of stablizer. Came up to about 20. Then the rain came an killed it I guess. Its at zero today. Just ordered some new test supplies mine are a year old an not sure if still good.

#
    FC 2.5 = at am check added a gallon to get it back to 5
    PH 7.5
    TA 120
    CH 110
    CYA 0 = I think from test

whats my plan.. water looks good.. weather sucks at about 95-100 everyday. run filter the last 5 days 24-7 am cutting it back today to 10 hours.
    33x52 AGP 25600 Sand filter 1.5 HP Hayward

2. Back To Top    #2

Re: Some Imput..

With CYA that low, keeping FC at 3-4ppm should be fine. To get to 30ppm CYA in a 26K gal pool, you need about 6-7lbs stabilizer in total. Since you had some rain and you already added 4lbs, add another 3lbs and wait a week to test. Assume your CYA level is at 30ppm and shoot for an FC target of 4ppm.

Hope this helps
    24'x52" AGP (13,500 Gallons), Intex SWG, (2)Solar Bear 4x20 panels, Hayward S220T Filter, 1/2hp Pentair Superflo

Pool School, TFTestKits, Pool Calculator

3. Back To Top    #3

Quote Originally Posted by dmanb2b
    With CYA that low, keeping FC at 3-4ppm should be fine. To get to 30ppm CYA in a 26K gal pool, you need about 6-7lbs stabilizer in total. Since you had some rain and you already added 4lbs, add another 3lbs and wait a week to test. Assume your CYA level is at 30ppm and shoot for an FC target of 4ppm.

Hope this helps

Thanks can you suggest a run time on the pump?

4. Back To Top    #4

I run mine about 6hr/day. Given it sounds like you have a lot of heat and double the water volume, try the 10-12 hours and if the water is still sparkly you may attempt 8hrs/day
    24'x52" AGP (13,500 Gallons), Intex SWG, (2)Solar Bear 4x20 panels, Hayward S220T Filter, 1/2hp Pentair Superflo

5. Back To Top    #5

I'd start the pump at hours a day and then see if you lower it from there.
    19K gal, vinyl, 1/2 HP WhisperFlo pump, 200 sqft cartridge filter, AutoPilot Digital SWG, Dolphin Dynamic cleaning robot
    Creator of PoolMath and Pool Calculator. Other handy links: Support this site, TF Test Kits, Pool School

6. Back To Top    #6

Quote Originally Posted by JasonLion
    I'd start the pump at hours a day and then see if you lower it from there.

Im lost on this post .. did you leave out the number?

7. Back To Top    #7

With almost 20K posts (yes.. Jason I'm watching), I'm thinking he missed the key

running it in the 8-12 range should be fine, just keep an eye on how polished the water looks. You are aiming for at least one turnover and if I conservatively estimate 45gal/min=2,700gal/hour=27,000/10hours

Your pump may get more gpm or less, hence the broad pump run time recommendation