New Pool - plaster not brushed the first week

jogo5

Jun 18, 2011
We recently installed a pool and the contractor neglected to inform us that the plaster should be brushed
until a week after the installation.

I've since read about the importance of brushing and am very concerned. He is offering to use a buffer to smooth out
the surface and of course he says "it's no big deal." I know not to let him acid wash the pool.

I'm looking for advice and info on the consequences of not brushing the plaster during the first week.

Also, when the pool was plastered I noticed 2 - 3 ft wide grey streaks down the pool. On cloudy days the
pool looks like a dirty tub. He also says it's normal, any thoughts?

The landscaper who contracted the pool is reputable and luckily we haven't made the final payment. Any suggestions on how to remedy the situation?

Thanks for the help.

Welcome to TFP!

Have you made the final payment for the install yet? If not, hang onto it until you are totally satisfied. Other industry guys will be by to comment but I kinda doubt that the plaster is beyond help because a week of brushing was missed. I say start brushing and make sure that your PB gets things right.

I should imagine you still have time to brush it, it's just it will be much harder now. I knew a pool that wasn't brushed at all when it had just been done and was always shedding clouds whenever it was brushed which took a while to clear. The solution : brush every square inch of the pool 20 times.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.