Anyonne have experience with these firepit kits?

May 5, 2011
I recently had some paver work done and a gas line run so now i am looking to build the firepit. I have been researching a lot on the net and all the sites seem to have a lot of the same stuff. I keep coming across kits from http://www.hpcfire.com I was wondering if anyone has ever used these kits and could offer some insight to them or just firepits in general. Im looking to do just a plain round firepit, I had Belgard pavers installed so I'll end up using stone from them to match. Thanks

Re: Anyonne have experience with these firpit kits?

:bump:
I know I've seen some firepits installed by our members...

I have a gas firepit and never ever use it, because the constant breeze we have blows the flames sideways. Just something to consider.

I just purchased a 24" natural gas burner from HPC (local dealer). I went with the high capacity 150,000 btu. Also I got the 36" flat circular SS plate, hose and high capacity key valve. Wasn't cheap, but the display I saw was really nice. Will post pictures when done, but may be 3 weeks or so.

Very happy with the burner I purchased. Installed and have used. Works very well. Here are the parts:

571-36HC - High Capacity Flat Pan
FRS-24HCKIT - 24" Round High Capacity Burner Match Light
MAFB-HC - Black High Capacity Valve
SSC-HC24 - High Capacity Flex Line 24"

Burner attached to natural gas:
photobucket-3545-1322421444430.jpg

After making ring from mountain stone (lose fit, no mortar used):
photobucket-4120-1319410683300.jpg

Playing with large lava rock (not 100% happy yet):
photobucket-3436-1320621869619.jpg

My only complaint is there is a whistle when I open valve all the way. Must back down to about 50%, but still very high flame. Most likely due to using 1.25" gas line and the corrugated flex line.

Good luck!

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.