Become a TFP Supporter Pool Math Forum Rules Pool School

Thread: Anyonne have experience with these firepit kits?

1. Back To Top    #1

Anyonne have experience with these firepit kits?

I recently had some paver work done and a gas line run so now i am looking to build the firepit. I have been researching a lot on the net and all the sites seem to have a lot of the same stuff. I keep coming across kits from http://www.hpcfire.com I was wondering if anyone has ever used these kits and could offer some insight to them or just firepits in general. Im looking to do just a plain round firepit, I had Belgard pavers installed so I'll end up using stone from them to match. Thanks
    -9000 Plaster IGP and attached spa with 4 jets , Hayward H400IDL NG heater, Hayward swimclear 4025 cart filter, Hayward superII 2hp pump, Goldline controls ps-8 controler with T-cell 15, Caretaker 99 in-floor cleaner and polaris in-ground leafetrapper.

2. Back To Top    #2

Re: Anyonne have experience with these firpit kits?

I know I've seen some firepits installed by our members...

I have a gas firepit and never ever use it, because the constant breeze we have blows the flames sideways. Just something to consider.
    11,200 gal, Pebble-Tec; Tristar 2-speed 1hp - Swimclear 325 ft2 cart - SWG - A & A in-floor cleaner - Heat pump. For the poolside cooking, a Yoder Wichita and a Big Steel Keg!
    TF Test Kits -- PoolMath -- Pool School
    Make each day your masterpiece. - John Wooden

3. Back To Top    #3

Re: Anyonne have experience with these firpit kits?

Yeah, we have some very windy periods here in Vegas too! Thanks for the info
    -9000 Plaster IGP and attached spa with 4 jets , Hayward H400IDL NG heater, Hayward swimclear 4025 cart filter, Hayward superII 2hp pump, Goldline controls ps-8 controler with T-cell 15, Caretaker 99 in-floor cleaner and polaris in-ground leafetrapper.

4. Back To Top    #4

Re: Anyonne have experience with these firepit kits?

I just purchased a 24" natural gas burner from HPC (local dealer). I went with the high capacity 150,000 btu. Also I got the 36" flat circular SS plate, hose and high capacity key valve. Wasn't cheap, but the display I saw was really nice. Will post pictures when done, but may be 3 weeks or so.

5. Back To Top    #5

Re: Anyonne have experience with these firepit kits?

Very happy with the burner I purchased. Installed and have used. Works very well. Here are the parts:

571-36HC - High Capacity Flat Pan
    FRS-24HCKIT - 24" Round High Capacity Burner Match Light
    MAFB-HC - Black High Capacity Valve
    SSC-HC24 - High Capacity Flex Line 24"

Burner attached to natural gas:

After making ring from mountain stone (lose fit, no mortar used):

Playing with large lava rock (not 100% happy yet):

My only complaint is there is a whistle when I open valve all the way. Must back down to about 50%, but still very high flame. Most likely due to using 1.25" gas line and the corrugated flex line.

Good luck!