Scupper Question

Apr 21, 2011
Oklahoma
I have stone scuppers coming out of a 24" raised beam wall. My question is this....

Do I need to seal the rock with plaster on the inside of the scupper? Right now, the design is just to build the scupper around the return pipe and let the water flow. My concern is two fold. First, I have a SW system and it will hammer my stone. The second, is that water will seap through the morter that was used to hold the rock in place and build the scupper.

Does anyone know about building these and sealers?? Thanks.

:bump:
I've never seen one of these made out of stone; sounds interesting! I agree that sealing the stone with plaster would help, but I'm not sure if it's really necessary. How much stone is the water actually in contact with? Any chance of a picture?

If the mortar was done correctly it should be waterproof. Likewise, if the stone was selected correctly it won't have problems with the SWG. Using a sealant is still a good idea, but it shouldn't be required.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.