Filling the pool builder said fill when above 65 and sunny

Jun 15, 2011
Clinton, MO
Told me if I didn't fill during these conditions the pool liner would not stretch properly and pull the sides in on itself. The issue is if I wait for those conditions it will be next week and the water will start to go foul it has 2 inches in it now. Any input would be appreciated.

Re: Filling the pool builder said fill when above 65 and sun

The weather should be plenty warm, with temperatures in the 90s, to allow for any liner stretch. As long as the liner fits properly, then it will not need to stretch all that much.

There shouldn't be any reason that a builder would not be able to get a liner in in 90 degree weather.

Note: You need to follow the builder's instructions so that they don't blame you if something goes wrong. I think that you should call him and ask him if it is OK to begin filling. If he says no, then ask him why not.

As JAmes said, you'll have to follow the installer's recommendations to preserve any warranty.

However, you can take ½ cup of bleach and mix it in a 5 gallon bucket of water and slowly pour it in the pool. Then immediately take a brush and stir the water that's in the pool really well. You can do that every evening until you get the water in the pool.

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support

I have a pH of 7.5 but alkilinity still tests at 300 ppm I am at a loss it should be lower I am sure it has to do with the well water I filled it with but still at a loss. Any suggestions?

Don't worry about it too much. Don't make it harder than it has to be. Just lower the pH to 7.2 every time it get's to about 7.8 and the TA will come down over time.

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.