Become a TFP Supporter Pool Math Forum Rules Pool School

Thread: Is this the best heater for my pool?

1. Back To Top    #1

Is this the best heater for my pool?

I need to buy a heater for my pool. Its 15' x 36" I need it to heat quick and when needed. Not so much as to maintain a constant temp day and night. Im looking at a Raypak Versa 130 propane heater. Id like to be able to get my temps from around 75+ in the early morning to around 85+ for swimming later that day. The pool is only around 4000 gallons. I live in eastern Canada so i can get a bit chilly in the evenings.

P.S. Great site full of information... I'll be a regular here now.

2. Back To Top    #2

Re: Is this the best heater for my pool?

That heater should get you about 10 degrees in about 3 to 4 hours, unless it's cold and windy. Using a solar cover should help avoid excessive losses due to weather.

3. Back To Top    #3
    San Dimas, CA (LA County)

[center:m34f3xbv]Why not something like this?

Just kidding. [/center:m34f3xbv]
    16K freeform gunite with spa; Pentair 4000 DE filter; Century Whisperflow 1 HP; Pentair Minimax heater.
    Troublefree does not mean Maintenancefree. It's like brushing your teeth: You can spend a couple minutes a day and pennies a week or go to the dentist once a year and spend several thousand dollars.
    A pool is like a pet - you have to feed it every day, even the days you don't want to play with it!

4. Back To Top    #4

Sorry I cant answer you on the heater, but as mentioned keeping it covered with a solar would do a lot if it get plenty of sun. I keep my cover on at night to save some degrees too. Its hot here, but I lose 4-5 degrees F even when we are warm.
    TFP Moderator
    Essential Links:
    TF-100 Test Kit, ABC's Of Pool Chemistry, Test Kits, SLAM Your Pool
    28K Gal IG FreeForm, CLI Quartz, Flagstone, 36"SF, Pentair VS Pump, EasyTouch W/Remote, Rheem 400KBTU Htr