Cloudy water

Jun 17, 2011
Let me start by saying last year my DE filter died. Local pool supplier installed a Hayward pro series hih rate sand filter {250lbs} I have 23,000 gal. in ground vinyl lined,I use smart shock clorine.I opened pool may 6th. I have had water balanced for over a month. I`ve had it tested every week. It took 4weeks to see the drain cover thru the cloudy water.now I can see the bottom but still a little cloudy. New problem , light brown silt steaks all over the bottom except at jets and drain are. I vacuumed 4 days in a row, every day it all comes back . Had same problems last year with this new filter.I`ve had the pool for over 20 years and I never had a problem like this . I think it`s the filter,supplier says no. HELP!!!!

Welcome to TFP :wave: That filter is a little small for your size pool, but should still eventually clear the pool with frequent backwashing. I have the same filter on a pool half that size. When you say well balanced, can you post a full set of test results?

FC
CC
PH
TA
CH
CYA

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.