K-2006 Kit Question

Jun 17, 2011
This is basic, but my first pool and first test kit. Pool is plaster, 22,700 gal. full sun in Houston. Water temp is 90 deg. CYA=60. I have an inline chlorinator feeding tri-chlor tablets. On the K-2006 Chlorine test, it says for 1 drop=2ppm , use the 25mL sample. I put two dippers of R-0870 and shake. Then add drops of R-0871, swirling until clear. Three days ago it was 16 drops, today 14 drops. Here is the question. If one drop equals 2 ppm then I am at 3.2 ppm and then 2.8 ppm FC. BUT the instructions say to multiply drops by 3 which would mean 16x3= 48x 0.2ppm= 9.6 ppm and 14x3=52x 0.2 ppm= 8.4 ppm FC! Which one is it in my case? Hope this question is clear.

Thank you,
Bluetec

Not sure I understand the x3 part, but when using a 25ml sample, each drop counts as 0.2ppm. You can also use a 10ml sample and each drop would count as 0.5ppm and save on reagents too :goodjob:

Without getting up out of my comfy chair to check my k2006, are you sure it doesn't say something like multiply the drops in STEP #3 by 0.2 to get the ppm? As far as I know there is no mutiplying by 3 for anything.

"4. Multiply drops in step 3 by drop equivalence (Step 1). Record as ppm FC."

I need to slow down and learn how to read. There is no 3X multiplier. My bad. I have 2.8 ppm FC with my chlorinator setting on 4/5. Zero CC. Learning...
Thank you,

Bluetec

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.