The Pool Purifier Cartridge?? Nature2

May 25, 2011
Jackson, MS
I opened the filter and pulled out the cartridge and it weighs nothing, so I am assuming its empty and needs replaced??

We are renting this house and I am wondering how necessary is this piece of equipment? We are heading to the pool store tomorrow morning to get the water tested and I'd like to have some knowledge before I go in there so they don't try to sell me everything under the sun. :)

The pool is looking great and I am so excited to get the water tested.

I had the Nature 2. I pulled the cartridge out, got on board with TFP here, and never looked back. Save your money. Buy beer and pool toys instead of a Nature 2 replacement cartridge. All it does is add metals to your water which stain surfaces and turn hair green. You'll be glad later. :)

257WbyMag said:
I had the Nature 2. I pulled the cartridge out, got on board with TFP here, and never looked back. Save your money. Buy beer and pool toys instead of a Nature 2 replacement cartridge. All it does is add metals to your water which stain surfaces and turn hair green. You'll be glad later. :)

I have done the same thing. Since doing it, the staining I was getting on my white skimmer and pump basket and on my return eyeballs has NOT returned. Save yourself the $$ (roughly $100 where I live for a new cartridge) and do as 257WbyMag suggested - beer and pool toys!!! (although I'm partial to pina coladas by the pool)

Thanks everyone! The pool store didn't try to sell me anything! :party:
My results are below!
TC 2.1
FC 2.1
pH 7.2
Total Alk 120
Calcium 250
Stabilizer 115

I will say that I cannot see the bottom of the deep end. We just added more water and are about to shock it again. How much shock should I add at this time?

mjwilliams81, I deleted your duplicate post. Please do not post the same question in more than one forum. Butterfly

Your CYA has gone from 75 to 115!

Either testing error or it is being added to the pool in some form.

If that CYA level is correct, you need to replace some water before you shock.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.