What is a good testing kit?

smooth2222

LifeTime Supporter
Oct 25, 2010
michigan
What is a good testing kit? for all the parameters, want to buy something that is more accurate than the one i'm using.

get better readings on FC and total chlorine. looking for accuracy

so what pool test kits do you all use?

Personally...I use the TF100 from TFtestkits.net and I added the salt, borate and speedstir options. The only other kit I would recommend is the Taylor K2006

I love, love, love the TFTest kit. I started using it when I converted my pool from baquacil to chlorine a couple of years ago and have never looked back. Between the good test kit and the pool calculator, my water has been perfectly sparkily ever since!

I started with some test strips from Lowes. Then I bought a 3-way kit from Leslies. Then I bought the Leslies equivalent of a K-2005 after I learned about the CYA/FC relationship. Once I knew what my CYA was, I had to mess around diluting the sample to keep FC up. Instead of buying refills for that kit, I ordered up a TF100XL. Tests everything, and for me the FAS-DPD test was essential, as I inherited CYA 220 and water restrictions made a drain impractical. When I ordered refills for the TF100, I ordered a speedstir. Then I bought more stirbars off some place on eBay, so I could do all my tests boom,boom,boom before rinsing vials and such. And that has held me for quite some time. There's nothing more to buy to upgrade!

My vote is exactly what I have now: TF100XL with speedstir. You won't end up with a bunch of extra test blocks like I have now.

:testkit:

I vote for the TF100 kit as well, that and the the pool calculator go hand in hand for perfect testing and water balance.

The pool stores test can't even compare to TF Test kits!

It's that good and you'll save $$$ in the long run.

The TF100 is a very good deal and it has all the stuff you need. After piecing together my kit from dad's old kit, buying new reagents, dealing with old color blocks, and having on hand the HTH 6-way kit to use for alkalinity, CH, and OTO testing... I just spent another $59 locally to get the FAS/DPD powder & reagents, new r-00003 in case mine was too old, new test block (prolly didn't need), and new phenol red to make my kit complete. Dangit!

Absolutely get the TF100. Even with shipping it's the best deal around. Where's the kick myself emoticon anyway?

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Trust me, if you ask of this forum, the answer is the TF100. I successfully quoted every answer before I clicked the link, there won't really be any other suggestions. Several people who commented have the link in their signiture and you get a discount if you become a lifetime member of the forum. If you are truely concerned about accuracy and getting things exact it is the best answer for a good value given the money you will save on unnecessary chemical purchases.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.