Become a TFP Supporter Pool Math Forum Rules Pool School

Thread: Help with Compupool CPSC16

1. Back To Top    #1

Help with Compupool CPSC16

Hey everyone,
    I'm new here but I've been lurking the forums since last summer before my pool was installed. I'm having trouble with my Compupool CPSC 16.

The troubles I've been having have been with the actual unit itself working. I have my pump on a timer, it's on 10 hours a day in different intervals worked through a GE Digital Time Switch and the Compupool is connected to the same switch as the pump. My electrician set it up as it was in the diagram that came with it. I expected that when the pump would turn on so would the Compupool, which happens. But everytime the Compupool turns on all the lights turn on. Whenever the timer turns off the Computer turns off completely and when it turns on again it does this again with the time reset.

Each time it turns on all the lights stay on, and I know it's not generating any chlorine. I haven't been able to find anything about why all the lights would be...

Thanks for the help guys! Let me know if I should post any more information.
    1) 14 500 Gallons
    2) Cartridge
    3) Inground
    4) Fiberglass
    5) Pentair Superflo, HP 3/4

2. Back To Top    #2

Re: Help with Compupool CPSC16

Do you have a copy of the manual? If not here's a place you can find one.

It sounds like the clock battery backup is dead. Replacing it may help. I'd call Compu-pool also to see what they say.
    Dave J. TFP Moderator
    24' x 52" Round AGP. 2hp/¼hp SPL Power-Flo 2-speed pump. 200sqft Waterway Cartridge Filter. 45MHP2(3GPD) Stenner Peristaltic Pump
    Pool School ----- Pool Math ----- TF-Test Kit

3. Back To Top    #3

I haven't been able to find a support line for compupool in NA, the one that's on mine doesn't work anymore and there isn't one on their website from what I can see... I'm going to check out the battery that sounds like a good reason, thanks. Yeah I have a copy, haha it's pretty much engraved in my head now.
    1) 14 500 Gallons
    2) Cartridge
    3) Inground
    4) Fiberglass

4. Back To Top    #4

(888)-989-7258 Is this the number you have for them? That's supposed to be the North American headquarters number.
    Dave J. TFP Moderator
    24' x 52" Round AGP. 2hp/¼hp SPL Power-Flo 2-speed pump. 200sqft Waterway Cartridge Filter. 45MHP2(3GPD) Stenner Peristaltic Pump

5. Back To Top    #5

Yep, "call cannot be completed as dialed"...
    1) 14 500 Gallons
    2) Cartridge
    3) Inground
    4) Fiberglass

6. Back To Top    #6

I have the CPSC24 which should be similar to yours. Mine is connected to the pump timer as well. As far as I can tell, mine does not have a clock battery or it is not working, yet my SWG works fine. When the pump goes off, so does my unit. When the pump comes on, it goes on but the time is reset to 12:00 each time.

What lights are you talking about coming on? The only lights that should be on are the Power On and one of the Polarity lights. If any other light is on, then you are having a fault as indicated by that light - low salt, over salt, or water flow.

BTW, I just tried the phone number (888)-989-7258 and got through to them. Are you dialing 888 and not 800 out of habit?
    25' x 13' Roman, 12000 gal IGP, Plaster, with 500 gal Spa
    SWG, 1 HP Max Flo Pump, C-900 cartridge filter
    Solar heat

7. Back To Top    #7

The Power On, Polarity 1, Polarity 2, Water Fault, Low Salt, Over Salt lights are all on. So it obviously can't be all of them...
    Yeah I just tried calling again and even tried going through the operator, still not working.
    1) 14 500 Gallons
    2) Cartridge
    3) Inground
    4) Fiberglass

8. Back To Top    #8

I just dialed it an got right through.

If all the lights are on that points to a bad board.
    Dave J. TFP Moderator

9. Back To Top    #9

Hmm, maybe since I'm in Canada I can't call... By bad board does that mean the electrical isn't setup properly? Thanks a lot for calling!
    1) 14 500 Gallons
    2) Cartridge
    3) Inground
    4) Fiberglass

10. Back To Top    #10

No it means that something has gone wrong with the control board(s). How old is the unit?

You can go to their website and submit an email.
    Dave J. TFP Moderator

11. Back To Top    #11

Compupool sends there units out wired for 220V. Is your pump wired for 220V?
    25000 gal Rectangle IG, Vinyl, SWCG -CircuPool SI45 Plus, Sand Filter, 3/4 hp Pentair pump with US motors echotech EZ variable speed motor

12. Back To Top    #12

Are you sure the unit is set to external timer? Hold the select button down for several seconds to page through the options and set to external.
    Larry
    16x28 vinyl inground kidney, 1HP pump, sand filter, Compupool SWG, 11K gallons