Bury pool - northern states

Jun 17, 2011
Central Iowa
We live in Iowa and would like to bury an above ground pool other than doughboy. We cannot afford too much as our budget is under 5K. Has anyone buried a pool at least 2ft and had success for 5-10+ years? We have a quote on a 27' Garden leisure for $3,500. I was hoping with some applied protectant to the outside walls/beams we could make it work. Backfill with soil?

depends on what you mean by bury...

I have a 22" grade and they said any more than 2ft would require me to install a retaining wall.

you could put your whole pool in a ~2 foot hole and not bury the sides completely in dirt ... and still have your deck lead up to it....
As I understand it if you were to try and bury the pool wall completely with dirt up to 2 foot deep it would probably make your liner changes in the future very tricky to say the least...

I just buried my 18 ABG 16" and back filled with soil. On the outside wall and the uprights a used roll on tar. It hardned up really nice and actually looks pretty good. It is know buried bout its on there for proctection.

Grant

they said I could bury mine up to 24" but I would still be worried about changing a liner... and if you are doing a deck it really doesn't matter too much unless the water would sit there under the deck for some reason and not drain away in the soil or evaporate

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.