Become a TFP Supporter Pool Math Forum Rules Pool School

Thread: RSFan, OK I'm In!

1. Back To Top    #1

RSFan, OK I'm In!

Hello Everyone,

Just sent away for the test kit and I'm exited to start using the BBB method. I've been reading the site feverishly for the past week and can't find any logical reason to continue supporting the exhorbitant prices at my local pool store. I've never walked out of my pool store, after my first water test each season for less than $200 bucks. It's usually two or three 30 minute trips back to the pool store to finally get it right, (or what they call right). Then I still have had the algae issues late in summer to deal with.

Another side benefit of this whole plan is that I get in touch with my inner geek. Testing and analyzing myself sounds much better than waiting in line to hand my water to some pimple face kid, who then tells me to go and wait in another line to have an "expert" tell me what I need to do, who then helps me gather the $250 in chemicals needed.

I'm in, can't wait to get started! I'll update my signature as required soon!
    14'x28', 13K Gallons, Vinyl, DE, TF100 Test Kit

2. Back To Top    #2
    South Carolina

Re: OK I'm In!

Great first post! You've come to the right place and you know it
    TFP Moderator TF100 Test Kit TF100 TestKit YouTube Channel PoolMath
    You're done SLAMing when:
    1)You lose 1ppm or less FC overnight, & 2)You have .5ppm CC's or less, & 3)your water is clear.

~ One should not use a sledge hammer to swat a mosquito. ~

If you found TFP helpful and we saved you money ... Become a TFP Supporter!

3. Back To Top    #3
    SouthWest Alabama

Re: RSFan, OK I'm In!

Welcome! Great opening post!
    Dave J. TFP Moderator
    24' x 52" Round AGP. 2hp/¼hp SPL Power-Flo 2-speed pump. 200sqft Waterway Cartridge Filter. 45MHP2(3GPD) Stenner Peristaltic Pump
    Pool School ----- Pool Math ----- TF-Test Kit

4. Back To Top    #4
    East Texas

16x32x52" Steel Cornelius Miramar AGP Vinyl liner 13,100 gal. Buried 2 ft.
    2 Speed Hayward Power-Flo Matrix 85 g.p.m. 22" 250lb. sand filter hard plumbed
    Pool Rover Jr., Pool Blaster Max, Diver Dave TF100 Test Kit/Speed Stir
    Margaritaville Frozen Concoction Maker, Liqour Chiller, & Drink Mixer & Party Tub----Collect 'um all!

5. Back To Top    #5

I've been doing a little research in my local area, north of Boston, MA. I just spoke to a nice young lady at a chemical outlet and was informed that I can purchase 5 gallons of liquid Chlorine for $13.50! She said she believes it's 17.5%. I'm not even sure this is a great buy yet, but it's ridiculously cheap compared to the tabs I've been buying!

All of a sudden I feel the urge to go back to my OLD pool supply store and slap someone like the Bruins slapped the Canuks!

Thank you for the warm welcome!

6. Back To Top    #6

In the Industry
    Sebring, Florida

It's a pretty good price. I pay the same for 5 gallons here in NC.

I think it is likely 12.5% but it will tell you on the label. They make an on-off spigot for those carboys (jugs) that is a backsaver for me. See if they can sell you one....I paid 5 bucks.

Welcome to the forum
    Dave S. - Forum owner
    42k vinyl and concrete pool, 1.5hp pump, 140gpm filter
    TFTestkits , PoolMath , Pool School

7. Back To Top    #7

Welcome to TFP
    24'x52" AGP (13,500 Gallons), Intex SWG, (2)Solar Bear 4x20 panels, Hayward S220T Filter, 1/2hp Pentair Superflo

Pool School, TFTestKits, Pool Calculator

8. Back To Top    #8

Hello Duraliegh!

You were correct it's 12.5. The bad news is that they don't have the nozzle you mentioned, so I'm breaking my back! But, that's fine, it's a quarter the price.

9. Back To Top    #9

Flower Mound, TX

Welcome to TFP!
    10K gallon IG gunite with waterfall; Pentair CC320P filter; WhisperFlo 2 HP pump
    TF Test Kits - Pool Math - Pool School
    "It depends."- JohnT