Calcium Scaling?

Jul 3, 2009
Montgomery, TX
Just recently added borates about a month ago and now it *seems* like a form of calcium scaling has shown up pretty strong on my pool tile. It's really noticable on the infinity edge tile when the tiles are completely dry. You can even feel a chalkyness instead of a smoothness on the tiles...

Here are the latest results:

FC = 2
CC = 0
TC = 2
pH = 7.6
T/A = 80
CH = 270
CYA = 40
Temp = 94 degrees
Salt = 3400
Borates = ~45
CSI = -0.19

I'll also admit that I seem to be behind on keeping the pH down as it frequently drifts up to 8...

Thanks

That's interesting because the borates cleared the scaling I had. It also stabilized my pH. It used to drift around, contributing to the scaling.

I'm surprised you have scaling, your CH is on the bottom end of the range, pH looks good, etc.

Your FC is a little low ;)

Funny, I noticed the exact same thing. Added an optimizer a month ago and now have white calcium/efflorescence worse than ever, especially on the walls where my spa that empties into the pool. What are you using to clean it?

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.