Become a TFP Supporter Pool Math Forum Rules Pool School

Thread: Goldline PS8 start-up

1. Back To Top    #1

Goldline PS8 start-up

Help Please: I am starting the process of SWG and I need to know the next step. I have read the manual but it's somewhat confusing. Here goes...

1) I have chems in order
    2) yesterday I added salt, 18 bags or 720 lbs
    3) running pump for 24 hours
    4) now what...how do I turn on cell. I have the aquapod but don't see a on/off button. I see a salt % adjustment and a ppm button but thats it. How do I operate in conjuction with my filter which is on 16 hours a day.

Thanks for guidance

1 month old 29,500 gallon gunite. Cartridge filter, gas heater,polaris 380
    29,500 gallon freeform gunite pool with 3M quartz plaster. Hayward/Goldline cartridge filter, SWG, gas heater, aqua logic PS/8 automation.

2. Back To Top    #2

Re: Goldline PS8 start-up

The % setting controls what fraction of the time the cell is on. The controller automatically only runs the SWG while the pump is running.

Start by adjusting the % to 50%, give it 24 hours, and see what your FC level is. If FC is too low, turn up the %. If FC is too high, turn down the %.
    19K gal, vinyl, 1/2 HP WhisperFlo pump, 200 sqft cartridge filter, AutoPilot Digital SWG, Dolphin Dynamic cleaning robot
    Creator of PoolMath and Pool Calculator. Other handy links: Support this site, TF Test Kits, Pool School

3. Back To Top    #3

Okay, fc at 5 and salt at 3400 ppm. I run the pump high from 8a-12n and low from 12n-12 mid. Control is set at 50 percent pool 3 percent spa. Should I adjust anything?
    29,500 gallon freeform gunite pool with 3M quartz plaster. Hayward/Goldline cartridge filter, SWG, gas heater, aqua logic PS/8 automation.

4. Back To Top    #4

That sounds fairly good, though that is probably more pump run time than you really need. See

Assuming your CYA level is around 70 to 80, having FC at 5 is perfect.
    19K gal, vinyl, 1/2 HP WhisperFlo pump, 200 sqft cartridge filter, AutoPilot Digital SWG, Dolphin Dynamic cleaning robot
    Creator of PoolMath and Pool Calculator. Other handy links: Support this site, TF Test Kits, Pool School

5. Back To Top    #5

Cya is 80-100. What pump time recommendation can you give?

6. Back To Top    #6