Anyone know what this can be?

precator said:
didn't work. You did say 30 seconds correct.. Not 30 minutes?
Yep, 30 seconds. However, in my pool, the spot was kinda difficult to get to, so I smashed a few vit C tabs in a cotton sock and held it in place w/pole for a few minutes. Some tabs have an outer coating that may take a while longer to get 'melted'.

Have you used any copper products in your pool?

Butterfly said:
precator said:
didn't work. You did say 30 seconds correct.. Not 30 minutes?
Yep, 30 seconds. However, in my pool, the spot was kinda difficult to get to, so I smashed a few vit C tabs in a cotton sock and held it in place w/pole for a few minutes. Some tabs have an outer coating that may take a while longer to get 'melted'.

Have you used any copper products in your pool?

No I have not used any copper products..

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
The color is a little dark, but it sure looks like Calcium to me. Through the water, with plain white plaster, mine looks sorta bluish gray. When you see it exposed, it's more of a tan color. I posted a few pics a while ago in this thread: post228991.html#p228991

Obsessive maintenance of CSI around -.5 has removed a lot of my scaling. I suspect I will be able to post an after picture by the end of summer.

.37 shouldn't be a problem. However, that's not to say it has always been at that number. When I got a test kit to check up on the pool service I sorta inherited with the house, pH was off the scale! And with the hard water here, scaling was inevitable. Since I took over, pH has been under control, yet the scale remains.

Keeping CSI near zero will keep things as they are. I had to drive TA waaaay down and keep pH at 7.3 to get CSI down to -.5. Then I got a lot of rainwater, which reduced TA and CH a lot, and that's when things really started to improve. If you want to try my method, you will need frequent water testing, like every other day, lots of acid, lots of brushing with a steel brush, and periodic partial drains to lower the CH you have been increasing by dissolving scale. And a year or two.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.