Become a TFP Supporter Pool Math Forum Rules Pool School

Thread: small debris suspended in water

1. Back To Top    #1

small debris suspended in water

Finally I can almost see the bottom of my pool! I'm sooooo excited! My problem now is not a chemical one but small debris, it looks like gray, dead algae...I cannot get it out of my water. I have had my pump running for about 3 weeks non stop, vacuuming everyday. I am guessing it is going through my filter and back into the pool? I've put a stocking on my skimmer basket but not sure how well that is really working. ... Any tips on how to get this stuff out of my water? Do I just keep doing what I'm doing, pump going 24/7 and vacc'ing everyday?
    24' Round
    Above Ground
    Sand Filter
    1.5 HP Pump

2. Back To Top    #2

Re: small debris suspended in water

You might want to look into this little trick.pool-school/add_de_to_a_sand_filter
    if you have a sand filter.
    16x32x52" Steel Cornelius Miramar AGP Vinyl liner 13,100 gal. Buried 2 ft.
    2 Speed Hayward Power-Flo Matrix 85 g.p.m. 22" 250lb. sand filter hard plumbed
    Pool Rover Jr., Pool Blaster Max, Diver Dave TF100 Test Kit/Speed Stir
    Margaritaville Frozen Concoction Maker, Liqour Chiller, & Drink Mixer & Party Tub----Collect 'um all!

3. Back To Top    #3

I have thought about that, but I have a cartridge filter...should I maybe try a floc? I'm almost afraid to add anything like that to my water...
    24' Round
    Above Ground
    Sand Filter
    1.5 HP Pump

4. Back To Top    #4

Have you inspected the filter cartridge carefully to make sure you don't have small tears or holes and amking sure it's seated right?

Post a full set of test results so we can make sure it's not something with the chemistry.

You can try clarifier as long as you're aware that it might not work.
    Dave J. TFP Moderator
    24' x 52" Round AGP. 2hp/¼hp SPL Power-Flo 2-speed pump. 200sqft Waterway Cartridge Filter. 45MHP2(3GPD) Stenner Peristaltic Pump
    Pool School ----- Pool Math ----- TF-Test Kit