Become a TFP Supporter Pool Math Forum Rules Pool School

Thread: Managing high TA and PH climb with a SWCG

1. Back To Top    #1

Managing high TA and PH climb with a SWCG

Hello.
    I've read the post about adding Acid (drop the PH 7.0-7.2) then aerating to raise PH to lower TA. I don't need to aerate because my SWCG is doing a great job aerating. My TA is 135ish and it's coming down slowly. My PH climbs a .1 every 2 days or so. I'm using about a gallon of acid a week or so (80 ounces takes it down from 7.8 to 7.2).
    The pool calculator numbers are pretty close.
    The pool water looks and feels great. I'm thinking about building the acid adder I read about http://www.troublefreepool.com/homem...stem-t4174.htm

Any suggestions?
    17K Kidney Shaped Pool Concrete (Diamond Bright) Pool, 3/4 hp 2 speed 115V Sta-rite Duraglas PEA5D-180L/P2R5D-181L (Impeller C105-92PS Diffuser C1-216P), 1.5 piping, Pentair CC100 Filter , Heat Siphon 100K BTU Heat Pump Pool Heater, Flow meter Blue White Flowmeter Model No. F-30150P, Hayward Astrolight SP0581N, SWCG CalimarTitanium Edition TE45 , Dolphin Nautilus Plus with CleverClean, Lakeland Florida

2. Back To Top    #2

Re: Managing high TA and PH climb with a SWCG

What is the TA level of your fill water? If your fill water TA is high, then setting up some kind of acid injection system is a good idea. If your fill water TA is low, then you just need to do this once and you will be done, so no point in making an acid injection system.

Active aeration would allow you to lower the TA far faster, letting you add acid daily or even more frequently, and get the TA down to somewhere that will allow the PH to be stable in several day, instead of weeks.
    19K gal, vinyl, 1/2 HP WhisperFlo pump, 200 sqft cartridge filter, AutoPilot Digital SWG, Dolphin Dynamic cleaning robot
    Creator of PoolMath and Pool Calculator. Other handy links: Support this site, TF Test Kits, Pool School

3. Back To Top    #3

Re: Managing high TA and PH climb with a SWCG

Thanks. Working on it now.
    17K Kidney Shaped Pool Concrete (Diamond Bright) Pool, 3/4 hp 2 speed 115V Sta-rite Duraglas PEA5D-180L/P2R5D-181L (Impeller C105-92PS Diffuser C1-216P), 1.5 piping, Pentair CC100 Filter , Heat Siphon 100K BTU Heat Pump Pool Heater, Flow meter Blue White Flowmeter Model No. F-30150P, Hayward Astrolight SP0581N, SWCG CalimarTitanium Edition TE45 , Dolphin Nautilus Plus with CleverClean, Lakeland Florida