My Experience with National Pool Wholesalers

FastCougar

LifeTime Supporter
Jun 2, 2011
Eastern Panhandle of WV
I have to admit, after reading this review of National Pool Wholesalers, I was extremely weary of ordering from them. However, after shopping around from multiple vendors, I simply couldn't find a vendor that could beat their price on the pool I wanted. After a little back and forth with the wife, we decided that we would charge the pool on our mileage card, which has excellent buyer protection and if things went south, we would simply contest the charges. So, on June 10th, we placed our order and just this morning I was notified that it has been shipped. I was extremely shocked that their tracking system showed the boxing of my pallet from start to finish (pictures included). Each of the thumbnails in the tracking page are enlargeable so I can examine them closer and sure enough, everything in my order appears complete. I can't give an honest review until I actually receive the goods, but I can certainly comment on the way they have handled the logistics up to this point. I have nearly 4 years of hands on logistics industry experience and can attest that this type of customer information isn't the norm in the logistics industry. The company I worked for did top-notch work, but we were never asked to photograph our 3rd party client orders for proof of packing. We did warehousing and pack-n-pick for warehousing customers. Perhaps it's to keep their carrier in check due to past claims ... regardless, to me, it's very reassuring!

I will keep everyone updated as to the order process when the freight arrives and also on the build in my own build thread. Wish me luck ... I just finished putting in for the next 2 weeks off work so I can get this done along with like 3 other things ... worse than a staycation, a working staycation :(

Attachments

• pool_order_text.jpg
    pool_order_text.jpg
    246.2 KB · Views: 326
  • pool_order_pictures.jpg
    pool_order_pictures.jpg
    251.3 KB · Views: 325
I just checked Estes website and according to their tracking information, the order is in route to one of Estes hubs and is scheduled for delivery on 6/20/2011. Obviously there was a disclaimer on the date, but still, I'm happy with the time considering the price of the pool and components and the fact that I didn't pay a shipping fee.

I have had mixed experiances with this company. Four years ago I ordered a 20x40 ig pool from them. The only issue I had was in delivery. It took 6 weeks from time of order to get it to my yard. I got frustrated and made several calls to them. They referred me to a company in California that was actually shipping it. That company was a little frustrating to deal with. I put it back on npw to deal with and they did follow up. I got everything I ordered eventually and was peased with the product.

While my experiance was less then ideal, I would do business with them again.

I know this should probably be a new thread, but it does pertain to this vendor.

I was wondering, for those who buy an IG kit, just looking at the site I found one for just over 7700. Just a wild guess, but does this mean if I could find a contractor to install it for me I might be able to get away with an IG pool for under $20k?

I'm not seriously looking for a new pool, but it would be enticing to know that an IG pool can be had for 20-25k vs the 50k+ I assume it would be.

Speedo said:
I know this should probably be a new thread, but it does pertain to this vendor.

I was wondering, for those who buy an IG kit, just looking at the site I found one for just over 7700. Just a wild guess, but does this mean if I could find a contractor to install it for me I might be able to get away with an IG pool for under $20k?

I'm not seriously looking for a new pool, but it would be enticing to know that an IG pool can be had for 20-25k vs the 50k+ I assume it would be.

yes you could order the kit and act as the general contractor and schedule the dig, the install, the electrical, the... well everything.

i just ordered a kit from NPW yesterday. I have an excavator that has been working on another large job in the yard that will dig it, and i found a recommended installer that that will do the install for $6500 (cash....) i pay for all materials, excavation, and concrete decking is on top of this. i checked out a couple of his pools and liked what i saw. He doesn't get into automation much, but he is willing to work with me on it, so i will be breaking ground....as soon as the kit shows up

:cheers: Hopefully that emoticon is not premature!

I emailed now last night. I ordered last Monday and was told 5 days to gather the kit/ have liner cut and panels modified to spec and 5 days (there are "business days") to deliver.

It took 3 days of a single email per day volleys to get the location of the stairs, swimout and inwall ladder on a drawing for me to approve. I wondered I'd that was a stall tactic... We will see. If it was that would give them 3 extra days to prepare the kit. Hopefully I will know today

Edit. Tracking # received last night!

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.