Need feedback on my proposed Stenner solution - Completed!!

Re: Need feedback on my proposed Stenner solution

ptbrunet said:
skamp said:
which replaced my Intellichlor IC40

Hi Steve, Why did you replace the IC40?

Really for 2 reasons.

1. It broke 2 times in a few years.

2. The salt system seemed to have a bad impact on some of the soft rocks (moss rock boulders, flagstone, etc) on my pool. A few pool builders in my area will no longer install SWG on pools with stones due to this. Since I have move away from a salt system the issues with the rocks have gone away. Originally when I moved away from a SWG I was not thrilled with the water as the salt water felt much nicer. Once I went to 50ppm of Borax with beach as the sanitizer the water felt nice again. I would not say as nice as a salt pool but maybe 80%. If I did not have the issues I had with the rocks I would have lived with replacing the IC40 every few years as the water is so nice.

I hope this helps.

Steve

Re: Need feedback on my proposed Stenner solution - Complete

Thanks Steve, I started with pucks but then found via TFP that my CYA would be headed too high so I caught that issue at CYA 50 and am now pouring chlorine. I have been thinking I want to go with a PP rather than a SWG but if I am unable at some point to manage the buying/pouring of bleach into the PP tank I don't think I want to leave that burden with my wife. So am now considering the IC40 plus sealing my Luederstone.

ptbrunet said:
Thanks Steve, I started with pucks but then found via TFP that my CYA would be headed too high so I caught that issue at CYA 50 and am now pouring chlorine. I have been thinking I want to go with a PP rather than a SWG but if I am unable at some point to manage the buying/pouring of bleach into the PP tank I don't think I want to leave that burden with my wife. So am now considering the IC40 plus sealing my Luederstone.

Yea pucks are not workable by me due to the amount of chlorine used in the summer. The CYA creep is too much. Since I have installed my Stenner I have only had to replace the tube once and repair one of the links. Total cost was like $15.00. It is very cheap to maintain and is very reliable. I like it a lot. I just wish I could get 5 gallon bulk bleach here. It is pain to pour small bottles into the tank. I have a 15 gallon tank so it lasts a good amount of time.

Steve

What part of the country are you located? How long does your 15 gal last? I am near Austin. Yesterday I poured 48 oz in my 15K pool to raise from 4 to 6 and I had added chlorine the day before so I'm going through quite a bit and it's only April.

ptbrunet said:
What part of the country are you located? How long does your 15 gal last? I am near Austin. Yesterday I poured 48 oz in my 15K pool to raise from 4 to 6 and I had added chlorine the day before so I'm going through quite a bit and it's only April.

I am in NW Houston. In the summer I use about 60oz a day so about 1 month. It should be a bit less now that the bleach is 8.25% instead of the 6.25% it was last year. My pool is ~18k gallons.

Steve

Maybe a stupid question but how did you mount the stenner to the brick? Does it remain stable after being in service for a while? I have the same tank btw, and am getting ready for my install once we get replastered.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.