Hey guys, new to the forum. I've read through all of the sticky: threads in my quest for a clear pool but I'm still coming up empty.
A little background: I am a CPO through the NSF and have managed semi-public pools for 6+ years now. I've defeated algae several times but never something this bad.
I told a friend who decided to re-open his pool after 2 seasons closed that I would help(mistake )
We pulled the cover off to find a swamp: 12"+ of leaf debris, active frog life complete with tadpoles, dead mice, squirrels, etc.
We drained the pool half way just to get the cover off and start scooping out the debris and aquatic life. Filled, balanced, shocked, and shocked, and shocked.
To make a very long story short, as of today here are my numbers:
FC 25ppm+ (off scale diluted to 1.8ml) CC 0.0, PH 7.6(at last check, sample is bleached out now) Alk 110, CH 240 , CYA 60ppm.
I've maintained those numbers to the best of my abilities for the last 8 days, new filter sand at day 2, scrubbing every day, replaced the spider gasket in the vari-flow valve today because I randomly decided to check it and found it was falling apart.
I swear the water is more green than when we started. The pool smells like a load of white laundry haha. WHY WON'T THE ALGAE DIE!!