TA crept up; aeration not lowering PH much

Mar 29, 2011
Camas, WA
When we started we had a high TA: 220. We got it down to 60. In the last 6 weeks or so it has crept back up to 90.

I did the same process as before: aeration to raise PH, then added MA to bring TA down.

My TA is now 80. I think I read that 70 is ideal for a SWG pool.

We still have the aeration going, but the PH seems stuck at about 7.2 for about 36 hours now, even after swimming 5 dogs and 3 people (lots of splashing!).

My other numbers are ok. Working on adjusting the SWG to get the FC where I want it. Right now they are:

FC: 7.0
PH: 7.2
TA: 80
CYA: 75

Any suggestions? How am I doing with my water balancing for the new SWG? Any numbers you'd tweak? I'm inclined to run a tad high on the FC because we swim the dogs daily.

Thanks!

Based on what you have described, I wouldn't change anything. It's a good idea and no harm at all to run the FC a little higher due to the dogs use of the pool.

The lower the TA, the more slowly your pH will rise with aeration. I wouldn't worry about your TA at this point. 80 is ok. 70 may be better for you but it sounds as though your pH is holding nicely despite the TA being 80.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.