Become a TFP Supporter Pool Math Forum Rules Pool School

Thread: six way valve

1. Back To Top    #1

six way valve

I am changing my six way valave but i can not get the big O ring to stay in place as I go to put the valave in place, anyone have any secrets on how to keep the O ring from coming out as I put it in place?

I have ABG pool with sand filter. Any help would be great
    27' Round AG, 17,200 gallons, sand filter

2. Back To Top    #2

The ring should have some silicone or teflon based lube put on it to protect it anyway, so you should have some on hand. Pack some extra lube into the track that the ring sits in, this should keep in in place while you slap the top back on. 8)
    Luv& Luk
    -Ted

Having done construction and service for 4 pool companies in 4 states starting in 1988, what I know about pools could fill a couple of books - what I don't know could fill a couple of libraries :-D

POOL SCHOOL, TF Testkits, Jason's Pool Calculator, CYA vs. cl chart, (Just a few DARNED handy links!)

3. Back To Top    #3

Thank ya waste, and as usual you were CORRECT
    27' Round AG, 17,200 gallons, sand filter

4. Back To Top    #4

Glad to have helped It's funny how you figure out an easier way of doing things that you have to do hundreds of times...

I think that is the biggest thing I have to offer, the fact that I've had to do these things hundreds of times. Anyway, as long as I can help the folks here, my mission is complete
    Luv& Luk
    -Ted

Having done construction and service for 4 pool companies in 4 states starting in 1988, what I know about pools could fill a couple of books - what I don't know could fill a couple of libraries :-D

POOL SCHOOL, TF Testkits, Jason's Pool Calculator, CYA vs. cl chart, (Just a few DARNED handy links!)