Become a TFP Supporter Pool Math Forum Rules Pool School

Thread: Pool heater question

1. Back To Top    #1

Pool heater question

Hi all!

I have a Teledyne Laars Series One heater. Can someone please tell me at what pressure/flow does its safety shutoff trip?

I hear a click at 1350rpm when i raise my pump speed from 1000 rpm. If i can get that pressure/ flow value for the safety switch , i can pinpoint the pressure/flow in my system.

Thanks!
    Suley, West Hills, CA
    IG 23000 Gallons with IG Spa Gunite plaster, Pentair Intelliflo VS 3HP, Pentair Clean & Clear Plus 420 Cartridge filter, Teledyne Laars One series 400,000 BTU Nat Gas Heater, Hayward Max Flo 1HP Single Speed Spa pump, Noisy Spa blower, Dolphin Deluxe 4 robotic vacuum.

2. Back To Top    #2

Re: Pool heater question

http://www.poolcenter.com/parts_heaters ... IESONE.htm

Part 28 is listed with 3 different numbers, three different pressures. See if you can get a part number off it.

How I calculated my flow: Broke out a tape measure and got diameter of spa. Moved valves so I was drawing only from spa and returning only to pool. Throw switch, ran pump until it went down a foot or so and timed it. Shut pump off, reversed valves. Timed how long it took to refill. Some number crunching to get volume, convert to gallons, and now I can average the flow. It's going to be slightly different emptying and filling since the distance is different, that's why I measured both ways.
    16K freeform gunite with spa; Pentair 4000 DE filter; Century Whisperflow 1 HP; Pentair Minimax heater.
    Troublefree does not mean Maintenancefree. It's like brushing your teeth: You can spend a couple minutes a day and pennies a week or go to the dentist once a year and spend several thousand dollars.
    A pool is like a pet - you have to feed it every day, even the days you don't want to play with it!

3. Back To Top    #3

Re: Pool heater question

Wow!

What a great idea! I was on the same track but i almost emptied my spa till the fill jets were exposed above the water line and took a bucket and filled it while timing. Did two sets of readings and got really varied results so i gave up on the method.

But I think your method will be more accurate!
    Suley, West Hills, CA
    IG 23000 Gallons with IG Spa Gunite plaster, Pentair Intelliflo VS 3HP, Pentair Clean & Clear Plus 420 Cartridge filter, Teledyne Laars One series 400,000 BTU Nat Gas Heater, Hayward Max Flo 1HP Single Speed Spa pump, Noisy Spa blower, Dolphin Deluxe 4 robotic vacuum.