To bury or not to bury???

jj5000

Jun 14, 2011
Longview, TX
bought a doughboy..I want to put it at least halfway in the ground...my dealer was NO HELP. Can someone tell me how to do it properly? Do I back fill with earth? WOuld appreciate any tips on countersinking a pool before I screw it up.

THANKS a 1,000,000

bought a doughboy, they claim you can bury them no problem but I dont have the instructions yet, pool will be here MOnday. Can someone tell me the do's and dont's of countersinking a AGP 2ft. DO i back gill with earth? Am looking for advice from anyon that knows.

thanks

Here's a pic of what it looked like in May.
DSCN0332.jpg

I LOVE it buried!!!

Hey Esim13....wow! That is one CLEEEAN setup. If mine looks half that good Ill be happy. I do have a cpl questions...did you put any sand under your black plastic or just orginal earth with all the rocks and clods picked out. I have a screen that I made for filter top soil when filling in low spots in my yard..would be slow but a load of sand is going to run me 350 delivered. Also, did you make the cove out of your earth too? Is your black plastic a certain mil or specially for retarding weed growth? I bet it looks cool at nigth when your landscape ligthing is on...

I'm not sure of all the details but I will look at my paperwork and find out what I can. I think there is a little bit of sand under the black plastic. How much, I'm not sure but I know they didn't bring a truck load. I think he had a small load on his tailer and went back and forth with the standing bucket truck. I do remember them packing it down. If I remember correctly the PB put cement squares where the uprights go and did put a little gravel/sand mix underneath each block. They then leveled each block even with each other and the earth. I remember PB saying something about a gorrila pad but on the receipt it says Perfect Pool Bottom. I sure wish I would have known about TFP when I bought and paid for my install!!! I cringe to think of what could have possibly been done wrong. Knock on wood tho, so far so good.

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.