Perflex DE filter diverter valve

Mar 13, 2011
I searched but could not find an answer to my question. I have a Hayward Perflex EC30 filter. I would like the ability to vacuum to waste and by-pass my filter. I see that a 3-way diverter valve can be installed between my pump and filter. My question is this, do I have to use a Hayward brand valve or can any 3-way valve work? I can find 3-way valves at a hardware store for much cheaper than the Hayward brand valves! Thanks in advance for your help!

Any 3-way valve would work, but some are much better than others. The cheap kind you find at hardware stores...is cheap for a reason. You'd be better off getting a real pool valve (Jandy is the original, every company makes them), even though it's a bit more expensive.

Welcome to TFP!!

Please remember that the valve will take up some room - if you have one of those plastic pump/ filter stands, you'll have to ditch that and do some creative plumbing/ etc.to make the pipes line up.

If you can post a pic of your set-up, I can give suggestions as to what you'll need to do :-D

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.