Waiting for new salt cell...

Jun 24, 2010
I'm waiting for a new salt cell as our old one has died. We have a 20,000 gallon inground fiberglass pool with a Hayward filter and pump and a Jandy Aquapure 1400 SWG. The new cell won't be here until next week and we are going out of town this weekend.

I know I need to get some bleach in the pool, but I've always relied on the Pool Store to tell me what to do and now want to try and use the TFP method. How much bleach should I put in?

FC = 0
CC = 0
pH = 7.9
TA = 87
CYA = 40
Salt = 3100

Just hoping to keep the water from turning green while we are away for the weekend and until we can get the salt cell in and the SWG back to normal operation.

Thank you for your help.

Thank you.

Just to make sure I understand...I should put the muratic acid in at the return with the pump on for 30 minutes and then add the bleach. Do I add the bleach at the return or the skimmer and do I put all 912 oz in at the same time?

When I get home on Sunday should I test for chlorine and add more bleach to keep it at shock level?

I'd add both in front of the return(s). You shouldn't need to return to shock level on Sunday unless you've let the FC go below 3ppm. Even then, if your water is still clear you could take it up to 7ppm and keep an eye out for issues.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.