2nd Season with BBB and TFP

Jul 16, 2010
Newark, DE
I just wanted to thank everyone on this site for all the help and knowledge you have supplied me with. This is the second season maintaining my pool and it couldn't be any easier then following the simple directions layed out in the "POOL SCHOOL". For all the newbies reading this, I was in your shoes last year.

My wife and I were lost without this site and have learned that pool companies are just like car dealerships, they insist you need all the extra goodies and once they take your money, they could care less about you :grrrr: !!!

Since last year, I have purchased the K-2006 (FAS-DPD) test kit to start the season, a box of baking soda, and a box of borax for fine tuning. I also use about 3 (96oz) jugs of Walmart brand bleach per week. Between the kit, baking soda, and borax I've spent around $80 and the bleach cost me $4 per week. :party: I don't think $16 per month is expensive to maintain your pool.

I would like to hear your comments on my pool water.

Take care,

Mike

Attachments

• IMG_0818.JPG
    IMG_0818.JPG
    74.8 KB · Views: 752
  • IMG_0822.JPG
    IMG_0822.JPG
    254.9 KB · Views: 752
  • IMG_0823.JPG
    IMG_0823.JPG
    248.4 KB · Views: 752
BBailey,

As you can see in the background we had a white vinyl fence installed and had a few extra fence post left. Why not have everything match? I left an extra spot open under the timer for a low voltage light transformer. My next project will be to add lights around the pool and uplight a few new trees in the background. Thanks everyone for the comments!!! :party:

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
IF you don't mind, I think my DH and I will be using your idea with the fence post for the electrical stuff. Very clean looking. We have the stones, too, but they are the smaller size. I just love how they look. Great looking water, too. Don't you just love TFP? :goodjob:

Richard,

FC = 4
PH = 7.6
TA = 100
CH = 200
CYA = 40

I usually go through about a half gallon of 6% bleach every night after testing the water. The FC is usually around 3.5-4.0 ppm and everything else is dead on and never changes. I brush and vacuum the pool once a week and that's about it! Without a proper test kit I would be lost and now it has become such a habbit, I have to test the water before I do anything else!!!

Dorpo,

Go right ahead!!! That's why I posted these pictures. We all learn from each other on here and if you choose not to share, none of us will ever advance in this hobby. Those stones are "Delaware River Rock" and there are a total of (9tons) sitting around the whole pool. (4tons) of 3"to 5" stone and (5tons) of 1" to 3" stone I completed that stone project in 11 hours (1 DAY) on my own. The neighbors couldn't believe how nice it turned out once everything was completed.

My sheltie and I were recently caught sleeping in the pool by my wife. She decided to sneak into the backyard and take a quick shot of us just in case we tried to deny it ever happened. :cheers:

Attachments

• GetAttachment.jpg
    GetAttachment.jpg
    9.5 KB · Views: 620
Lastrites said:
My sheltie and I were recently caught sleeping in the pool by my wife. She decided to sneak into the backyard and take a quick shot of us just in case we tried to deny it ever happened. :cheers:

Could we start a new slideshow? One with folks (and four legged friends) enjoying their pools?

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.