Become a TFP Supporter Pool Math Forum Rules Pool School

Thread: 2nd Season with BBB and TFP

1. Back To Top    #1

2nd Season with BBB and TFP

I just wanted to thank everyone on this site for all the help and knowledge you have supplied me with. This is the second season maintaining my pool and it couldn't be any easier then following the simple directions layed out in the "POOL SCHOOL". For all the newbies reading this, I was in your shoes last year.

My wife and I were lost without this site and have learned that pool companies are just like car dealerships, they insist you need all the extra goodies and once they take your money, they could care less about you !!!

Since last year, I have purchased the K-2006 (FAS-DPD) test kit to start the season, a box of baking soda, and a box of borax for fine tuning. I also use about 3 (96oz) jugs of Walmart brand bleach per week. Between the kit, baking soda, and borax I've spent around $80 and the bleach cost me $4 per week. I don't think $16 per month is expensive to maintain your pool.

I would like to hear your comments on my pool water.

Take care,

Mike
    Attached Images Attached Images
    12,000 gallon 15'-30'AGP (Cartridge Filter) SPECK 1.5 hp (Pump) TAYLOR 2006 (Test Kit)

2. Back To Top    #2

Re: 2nd Season with BBB and TFP

Another shot of the water.
    12,000 gallon 15'-30'AGP (Cartridge Filter) SPECK 1.5 hp (Pump) TAYLOR 2006 (Test Kit)

3. Back To Top    #3

looks great!
    17,000 gal, IG Gunite Diamond Brite plaster Kidneybean,w/7x11 tanning ledge& 3x5 swimout bench,244T 300lb Hayward Pro high rate sand filter(63 GPM) , Hayward 1Hp Super Pump w/3/4 hp booster pump, Polaris 280, Laars Lite 2 175k N/G Heater, Tf-100, Speed stir

4. Back To Top    #4

Thanks for showing us your sparkly water Looks great!
    Indiana, ABG 24'x52" Galveston by Blue Cascade (Craigslist buy w/part of deck included), 13,500 gallons, Intex SWG, solar panels mix 2, TF-100 test kit.

Test kits compared
    Purchase test kits

5. Back To Top    #5

I'd jump in, who could resist?! Woohooooo!
    18x52 Ultra Frame with 1600 gph sand filter and intex skimmer

6. Back To Top    #6

Beautiful! I like your post for your timer and outlet.
    Vinyl 18x36 inground pool, cart 4030 filter, tristar VS pool pump, T-15 SWCG, raised pre-plumbed fiberglass spillover spa w/12 jets, tristar VS spa pump, Aqualogic pl-plus-16v
    McDonough (Ola), Georgia

7. Back To Top    #7

BBailey,

As you can see in the background we had a white vinyl fence installed and had a few extra fence post left. Why not have everything match? I left an extra spot open under the timer for a low voltage light transformer. My next project will be to add lights around the pool and uplight a few new trees in the background. Thanks everyone for the comments!!!

8. Back To Top    #8

Nice!!!!
    Thanks all for your amazingly helpful advice! Bo

18x33 Morada pool, 14,100 Gal - 2HP, 2SPD W/Skimmer and Caplet Basket, 125 GPM Waterway ProClean Cartridge Filter System – 8 Gal LQ - TF-100.

Thanks in advance for all your help!

God Bless America!

9. Back To Top    #9

Beautiful water and very nice looking setup!
    TFP Moderator
    Essential Links:
    ABC's Of Pool Chemistry, Test Kits, SLAM Your Pool
    28K Gal IG FreeForm, CLI Quartz, Pentair 36"SF & VS Pump, Dolphin M5, Rheem

10. Back To Top    #10

Well, it looks real nice, but can you post a full set of test results?

Oh man, I crack myself up!
    16K freeform gunite with spa; Pentair 4000 DE filter; Century Whisperflow 1 HP; Pentair Minimax heater.
    Troublefree does not mean Maintenancefree. It's like brushing your teeth: You can spend a couple minutes a day and pennies a week or go to the dentist once a year and spend several thousand dollars.
    A pool is like a pet - you have to feed it every day, even the days you don't want to play with it!

11. Back To Top    #11

IF you don't mind, I think my DH and I will be using your idea with the fence post for the electrical stuff. Very clean looking. We have the stones, too, but they are the smaller size. I just love how they look. Great looking water, too. Don't you just love TFP?
    2005 Dimension One Venture model 370 gal. hot tub. We'll be using the TFP method to keep it clean and ready to use!
    TFP - The Finest Phorum on the Net!

12. Back To Top    #12

Richard,

FC = 4
    PH = 7.6
    TA = 100
    CH = 200
    CYA = 40

I usually go through about a half gallon of 6% bleach every night after testing the water. The FC is usually around 3.5-4.0 ppm and everything else is dead on and never changes. I brush and vacuum the pool once a week and that's about it! Without a proper test kit I would be lost and now it has become such a habbit, I have to test the water before I do anything else!!!

Dorpo,

Go right ahead!!! That's why I posted these pictures. We all learn from each other on here and if you choose not to share, none of us will ever advance in this hobby. Those stones are "Delaware River Rock" and there are a total of (9tons) sitting around the whole pool. (4tons) of 3"to 5" stone and (5tons) of 1" to 3" stone I completed that stone project in 11 hours (1 DAY) on my own. The neighbors couldn't believe how nice it turned out once everything was completed.

13. Back To Top    #13

My sheltie and I were recently caught sleeping in the pool by my wife. She decided to sneak into the backyard and take a quick shot of us just in case we tried to deny it ever happened.

14. Back To Top    #14

Quote Originally Posted by Richard320
    Well, it looks real nice, but can you post a full set of test results?

Oh man, I crack myself up!
    I'm pretty sure he was joking.
    Completed: June 2011
    18' X 38' IG Vinyl, 3' - 8' depth ~ 24K gallons
    2 skimmers, 2 wall suctions, 3 returns, 1.5" piping

Hayward Equipment: 1HP Tri-star 2-speed, Aqua-Plus SWG,
    Star-Clear Plus 175 sqft cartridge filter, Colorlogic 4.0 LED

The Pool Cleaner 4X(suction)
    2011 Jacuzzi J-280 Hot tub

15. Back To Top    #15

Quote Originally Posted by Lastrites
    My sheltie and I were recently caught sleeping in the pool by my wife. She decided to sneak into the backyard and take a quick shot of us just in case we tried to deny it ever happened.
    Could we start a new slideshow? One with folks (and four legged friends) enjoying their pools?