Become a TFP Supporter Pool Math Forum Rules Pool School

Thread: Container in which to soak cartridge filter

1. Back To Top    #1
    NE Ohio

Container in which to soak cartridge filter

Just a quick FYI: My husband (who usually leaves the pool stuff to me) has discovered that using an old (or new, depending) outdoor cooler is just the right size for our cartridge filter. It submerges completely (on its side) and the cover can be shut if need be to protect dogs and small kids from messing around with the water and cleaner. The strongest we have used for cleaning is dishwasher detergent and it has worked well.

Hope this little tip can help someone else.
    2005 Dimension One Venture model 370 gal. hot tub. We'll be using the TFP method to keep it clean and ready to use!
    TFP - The Finest Phorum on the Net!

2. Back To Top    #2

Flower Mound, TX

Re: Container in which to soak cartridge filter

I have used one of those Rubbermaid Brute trash cans. It holds all four of my carts upright and works well for this purpose.
    10K gallon IG gunite with waterfall; Pentair CC320P filter; WhisperFlo 2 HP pump
    TF Test Kits - Pool Math - Pool School
    "It depends."- JohnT

3. Back To Top    #3
    Lakeland, FL

Re: Container in which to soak cartridge filter

Great tip. Thanks.
    17K Kidney Shaped Pool Concrete (Diamond Bright) Pool, 3/4 hp 2 speed 115V Sta-rite Duraglas PEA5D-180L/P2R5D-181L (Impeller C105-92PS Diffuser C1-216P), 1.5 piping, Pentair CC100 Filter , Heat Siphon 100K BTU Heat Pump Pool Heater, Flow meter Blue White Flowmeter Model No. F-30150P, Hayward Astrolight SP0581N, SWCG CalimarTitanium Edition TE45 , Lakeland Florida