Question for those with experience...
On Sunday, I covered our pool with the solar cover. Today, I removed the cover to find one very dead (and ripe) opossum. Judging from my nightly chemistry readings, the spike in CCs, and the fact that the thing was smelly and bloated but not yet disintegrating, I'm pretty sure that he crawled in and died sometime Tuesday. He had also deficated upon expiration.
So far, I've:
1) Removed the cover and scooped the casualty out.
2) Vac'ed the fecal matter to waste
3) Added enough acid to drop my pH back to ~7.5
What is the recommended FC shock level as a final cleanup? For how long? Until the CC's disappear? Any other recommended steps?