Become a TFP Supporter Pool Math Forum Rules Pool School

Thread: Ultrabright

1. Back To Top    #1

Ultrabright

What do you all think of Ultrabright? What effects does it have on the chemistry?
    10,000gallon, IG Pebble Tec, Pentair Intelliflo VS+SVRS 3hp Variable Speed Pump
    Hayward Cart Filter C4025, Hayward Pool Vac Ultra, 1 vac line, 1 skimmer, 2 Main Drain, 3 returns, 2" plumbing
    TF100 Test Kit.

2. Back To Top    #2

Re: Ultrabright

You may find this link of interest: anyone-know-what-s-in-leslie-s-ultra-bright-t24670.html

I don't think Ultrabright is necessary, although I was given a bottle of the stuff. Pool store recommended 'maintenance' doses...but then again I stopped listening to their advice a long time ago. And so the bottle of Ultrabright sits on the bottom shelf.
    22,000 gallons "L" shaped with spillway spa; Hayward 4820 DE; IG Vinyl; 2000 ppm salt; 50 ppm Borates; liquid chlorine; Polaris w/ booster; TF-100 Test Kit w/SpeedStir

3. Back To Top    #3

Ultra Bright worked very well for me. My pool had red clay dirt in the water after installation and after holding 3 nights on the overnight chlorine loss test, I used it and my pool went from barely seeing the vacuum head on the bottom to perfectly clear in one day. The skimmer sock was barely catching any of the dust before I started to turning the sock completely clay red and having to cleaning it 3 times on that day. I used 2 doses, but I think I should have waited 24 hours to see if I needed the second dose.

With that said, on Monday I added 1 ½ lbs of CYA through pantyhose in the skimmer and I haven’t registered any increase yet. I don’t know why.
    Vinyl 18x36 inground pool, cart 4030 filter, tristar VS pool pump, T-15 SWCG, raised pre-plumbed fiberglass spillover spa w/12 jets, tristar VS spa pump, Aqualogic pl-plus-16v
    McDonough (Ola), Georgia

4. Back To Top    #4

Quote Originally Posted by BBailey
    With that said, on Monday I added 1 ½ lbs of CYA through pantyhose in the skimmer and I haven’t registered any increase yet. I don’t know why.
    It can take 5-7 days for CYA to fully dissolve and register on tests.
    Helpful links: Pool School; CYA/Chlorine Chart
    24' round AG pool, 52" high, Raypak heater; Waterway 2 spd Pump;
    150 Sq ft. Clearwater Cartridge Filter; Former and DISSATISFIED "Pool Frog" owner
    http://www.PerfectlyClearPoolService.com

5. Back To Top    #5

Quote Originally Posted by Voodoo_Pool
    You may find this link of interest: anyone-know-what-s-in-leslie-s-ultra-bright-t24670.html

I don't think Ultrabright is necessary, although I was given a bottle of the stuff. Pool store recommended 'maintenance' doses...but then again I stopped listening to their advice a long time ago. And so the bottle of Ultrabright sits on the bottom shelf.

When I was "Pool Stored" last year (First year pool owner) I had bought a bottle on their advice. I used it once and it worked pretty well, but then again I was putting in whatever they told me to put in. BBB method all the way now.
    10,000gallon, IG Pebble Tec, Pentair Intelliflo VS+SVRS 3hp Variable Speed Pump
    Hayward Cart Filter C4025, Hayward Pool Vac Ultra, 1 vac line, 1 skimmer, 2 Main Drain, 3 returns, 2" plumbing
    TF100 Test Kit.