K-2006 questions

Hilton

In The Industry
Jun 15, 2010
Recently purchased nine Taylor K-2006 test kits to use at various pool locations. I probably should have gone for the K-2006-C considering how much they will be used, but they were not available for purchase anywhere that I could find. Regardless, we got the K-2006 for a comparitively good price, considering local retail costs at the pool suppliers. Locally, the K-2005 costs $250 and the K-2006 is not available. From the supplier I used, the K-2005 is $120, and the K-2006 cost us $150 each.

I notice that in my kit, most of the reagents start with CR- rather than R-. The front of the kit also says "C K-2006". My guess is that those C's stand for Canadian authorized? I'm hoping someone can confirm it. Note: There is an exception to this... everything starts with CR- except the R-0870 DPD powder and R-0871 FAS-DPD Titrate.

Can the standard K-2006 kit hold the "C" or "D" size reagent bottles? Perhaps not a big issue for me, as these kits aren't actually mobile (they stay in and are used in one room on a table)... And/or is it possible/wise to buy the larger E/F sizes and use them to refill the smaller bottles?

The "C" sized reagents won't fit the K-2006 case. You can use the larger bottles of reagent to refill the smaller bottles. There needs to be some quality control when doing that to ensure you get the correct reagent in the correct bottle.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.