What's the best low-cost solution?

Onslow

LifeTime Supporter
Jul 11, 2010
Kentucky
I have the pool listed in my sig. It came with a vacuum hose, a pole and some nets, and that's about it. I have a fair amount of dead algae to get off the floor and would like to be able to vacuum it up. I can spend some money, just not a gazillion dollars on a Mr. Roboto. Please advise what I might be able to do with a pump and filter solution. I would like to maybe get a vacuum head but does that mean the water flies out to waste when I'm running it?

Alternative suggestions welcome. Thanks!!

I'd do what Woody suggests. Just vacuum to filter then backwash it out good. I always vacuum to filter, it wastes too much water vacuuming to waste. The only time I vacuum to waste is after one of our torrential rains and I need to dump the water anyway.

Thanks both. I checked out a couple of youtubes about the steps for sending to filter. Apparently it's the most traditional of approaches - duh, you gotta learn at some point! I thnk I was just concerned that the filter was strictly designed for light cleaning. I'll keep an eye on the pressure guage.

Do I need to rinse after backwash? I have a feeling that, at first, I will be repeating the cleaning phase many times to get the initial debris out.

So how's Daisy doing? LOL
No advice here because we are looking for a cleaner too but, I LOVE ONSLOW!! :) Ha, still one of our family's all time fave shows and characters

yea, but if its algae, you likely gonna throw the filter out after one time, and algae will clog almost instantly. i'm using a poolbuster to try to get algae off the bottom, bag is clogged in 30 secs, rinse and repeat.

I put a brand new filter in just filtering and it clogged in less than 6 hours.

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.