water mold?

May 22, 2011
okay, i dont get it. all my numbers are correct according to the pool store. (dont have any current numbers right now) except for the fact that i'm not holding chlorine! no matter what i do its not working. i've been dumping bleach in as much as i can. i have my chlorinator on max 5. i have a floater filled with tablets. doesnt matter, the chlorine constantly tests at 0. the pool store said there is no chemical reason for it. they think i may have water mold. okay but how do i kill that?? its even brand new water and sand this year. not sure how i could have water mold from brand new city water. this is the most frustrating year since we put the pool in!!

Only two things consume chlorine. Sunlight and organics in your pool.

You don't say what size pool you have but you are safe to put in a jug of Clorox after the sun is down. If it is gone the next AM, you have organics (algae, etc). It's really that simple.

At this point, we can't tell you how to go about fixing it because we need to see a full set of test results. Once you provide those, we'll help you get your pool clear.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.