Become a TFP Supporter Pool Math Forum Rules Pool School

Thread: Spa pump operation

1. Back To Top    #1

New Jersey

Spa pump operation

Hey Guys, I read some of the Pool School and hope that I am not asking the wrong question. I understand I might need to show pictures but as it is dark outside I am hoping someone might have an idea without it. I have a pool with an attached hot tub. It has a small overflow where water gets in and out of the spa into the pool. I have a timer that turns on the pool filter and vacuum but can not figure out how to operate the filter for the spa. There is a switch for the spa pump but I can turn it on or off manually only as far as i can see. Does this make sense? and do I then need to manually turn it on and off and if so how different would this be from the pool? I am new to pools, just bought a house in april and had it opened last weekend. I have a salt water pool with polaris vaccuum and Jandy filter, chlorinator and all that other stuff. It is a salt water pool.
    Free Form Gunite Saltwater Pool, 29,000 Gallons, Jandy DEL60 Filter, Jandy AquaPure 1400 Chlorinator, Polaris 380 Cleaner, Attached HotTub.

2. Back To Top    #2
    Tucson, AZ

Re: Spa pump operation

Welcome to TFP!
    The spa should spill over into the pool during normal operation; that way the water in the spa is continually circulated and filtered. A picture of the equipment area would help, if you need some more assistance figuring it out. Sorry it took so long to get you a response!
    11,200 gal, Pebble-Tec; Tristar 2-speed 1hp - Swimclear 325 ft2 cart - SWG - A & A in-floor cleaner - Heat pump. For the poolside cooking, a Yoder Wichita and a Big Steel Keg!
    TF Test Kits -- PoolMath -- Pool School
    Make each day your masterpiece. - John Wooden