Become a TFP Supporter Pool Math Forum Rules Pool School

Thread: Polaris Autoclear Plus cell going bad??

1. Back To Top    #1

Polaris Autoclear Plus cell going bad??

Just got my system up and running (foreclosed home purchase). The panel on my autoclear plus is reading now 2400ppm, 5.1 amps, and 22.3 volts. Of course the LEDs on it are reading very low salt and it will eventually shut off at 1500ppm. When I tested the salt level just a few minutes ago, I got a reading of 3120 on the strips. The manuals for the system are horrible from the ones I found on the internet. Is there some kind of calibration or something I need to do for the readings to be more in line? I set the temperature to 90 degrees when my water is 88. The run time and water temp are the only things I can find to set.

Also I don't know the age of the cell. The house was built in 2002. When I looked inside the cell it looked clean.
    31,000G IG vinyl 20X40 True L. Hayward 1.5 superpump, Autopilot Pool Pilot Digital SWG, Hayward Model S244T 300lb sand filter, TF100 kit

2. Back To Top    #2

Re: Polaris Autoclear Plus cell going bad??

Sounds like the cell may be on the fritz; "low salt" when the salt level is fine is a common symptom.
    11,200 gal, Pebble-Tec; Tristar 2-speed 1hp - Swimclear 325 ft2 cart - SWG - A & A in-floor cleaner - Heat pump. For the poolside cooking, a Yoder Wichita and a Big Steel Keg!
    TF Test Kits -- PoolMath -- Pool School
    Make each day your masterpiece. - John Wooden

3. Back To Top    #3

when i bought my home it had the same system. Never had a pool before, but found out the hard way about checking the stabilier level. If you haven't done that yet.... don't add salt.

4. Back To Top    #4

Stabilizer levels won't affect the salt reading...sorry.
    11,200 gal, Pebble-Tec; Tristar 2-speed 1hp - Swimclear 325 ft2 cart - SWG - A & A in-floor cleaner - Heat pump. For the poolside cooking, a Yoder Wichita and a Big Steel Keg!
    TF Test Kits -- PoolMath -- Pool School
    Make each day your masterpiece. - John Wooden