Aqua Rite "Hi" reading

Aquatica

Platinum Supporter
LifeTime Supporter
Jun 26, 2010
Nassau, Bahamas
I usaully get this when I add more salt. Usaully I try to get it right prior to installation but sometimes fall short of 3200ppm. I sometimes need to add another 80LB bag or two of salt. This sometimes causes a "Hi" reading. It goes away by the morning and everything is good and salt is up to 3200-3400.

However I've read that this could short out the PCB board or blow a fuse. Is this right? and if so how do we raise the salt level safely? btw I add salt to deep end around sides and not through the skimmer.

Any info is much appreciated.

Thanks!

If there is a main drain and some of the salt is drawn into the main drain it could raise the salt level so quickly that the SWG can't compensate. If that happens there is a chance of burning out the power supply. This is fairly rare, as the salt level doesn't usually go up quickly enough to be a problem, but the standard recommendation is to turn off the SWG, or set the percentage to zero, for 24 hours to avoid any risks.

JasonLion said:
If there is a main drain and some of the salt is drawn into the main drain it could raise the salt level so quickly that the SWG can't compensate. If that happens there is a chance of burning out the power supply. This is fairly rare, as the salt level doesn't usually go up quickly enough to be a problem, but the standard recommendation is to turn off the SWG, or set the percentage to zero, for 24 hours to avoid any risks.

Thanks Jason. That makes sense. will do that from now on. :goodjob:

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.