Become a TFP Supporter Pool Math Forum Rules Pool School

Thread: Aqua Rite "Hi" reading

1. Back To Top    #1

Aqua Rite "Hi" reading

I usaully get this when I add more salt. Usaully I try to get it right prior to installation but sometimes fall short of 3200ppm. I sometimes need to add another 80LB bag or two of salt. This sometimes causes a "Hi" reading. It goes away by the morning and everything is good and salt is up to 3200-3400.

However I've read that this could short out the PCB board or blow a fuse. Is this right? and if so how do we raise the salt level safely? btw I add salt to deep end around sides and not through the skimmer.

Any info is much appreciated.

Thanks!

2. Back To Top    #2

Re: Aqua Rite "Hi" reading

If there is a main drain and some of the salt is drawn into the main drain it could raise the salt level so quickly that the SWG can't compensate. If that happens there is a chance of burning out the power supply. This is fairly rare, as the salt level doesn't usually go up quickly enough to be a problem, but the standard recommendation is to turn off the SWG, or set the percentage to zero, for 24 hours to avoid any risks.
    19K gal, vinyl, 1/2 HP WhisperFlo pump, 200 sqft cartridge filter, AutoPilot Digital SWG, Dolphin Dynamic cleaning robot
    Creator of PoolMath and Pool Calculator. Other handy links: Support this site, TF Test Kits, Pool School

3. Back To Top    #3

Re: Aqua Rite "Hi" reading

Quote Originally Posted by JasonLion
    If there is a main drain and some of the salt is drawn into the main drain it could raise the salt level so quickly that the SWG can't compensate. If that happens there is a chance of burning out the power supply. This is fairly rare, as the salt level doesn't usually go up quickly enough to be a problem, but the standard recommendation is to turn off the SWG, or set the percentage to zero, for 24 hours to avoid any risks.

Thanks Jason. That makes sense. will do that from now on.