Become a TFP Supporter Pool Math Forum Rules Pool School

Thread: Filling A Hasa Chlorine Injector

1. Back To Top    #1
    Katy, Tx

Filling A Hasa Chlorine Injector

I've installed the 4Gallon Hasa Chlorine Injector, upgraded to the 3/8" kit, works great. The issue that I've come across is how to add the chlorine in. Do you put in one gallon and wait a few days, then put in another one? I find that when it gets low, the only way to add the 4 Gallons is to drain some out of the unit.

So I'm just curious as to how others add chlorine to their injectors.

Pool - 18' Doughboy Above Ground Vinyl, 7600 Gallons, 1HP Hayward Power-Flo Matrix pump, Hayward Star Clear Cartridge Filter C500 50 GPM flow rate, Hasa Chlorine Injector, Pool Rover Vacuum, Taylor K-2005 Testkit - Hot Tub - Artesian Pelican Bay, 550 Gallons, Ozone, Nature 2 Mineral Sanatizer, Bromine floater.

2. Back To Top    #2
    Silver Spring, MD

Re: Filling A Hasa Chlorine Injector

You can add several gallons at once as long as you do it slowly enough and the pump is running. The unit will drain down as you add chlorine, it just takes it a while.
    19K gal, vinyl, 1/2 HP WhisperFlo pump, 200 sqft cartridge filter, AutoPilot Digital SWG, Dolphin Dynamic cleaning robot
    Creator of PoolMath and Pool Calculator. Other handy links: Support this site, TF Test Kits, Pool School

3. Back To Top    #3

Dallas, TX

Re: Filling A Hasa Chlorine Injector

Here's what I do, while pump is running:

I put the valve wide open
    I hold the intake float UP (closed) with my hand
    I then slowly pour in the chlorine, one 182 oz jug at a time.

It gets pretty heavy, but as long as you put the valve completely open you can pour them in fairly fast. It doesn't seem to significantly raise FC in the pool since the water is coming off the top, not using the chlorine off the bottom.
    Built in 1957 44,000 gallon in-ground, Wet Edge Primera Stone in Sky Blue, Intelliflo VF Pump, 600 lb. Pentair Triton II TR-100 Sand Filter, CircuPool RG 60 Plus SWG, TF-100 test kit
    If TFP has helped you, please click to SUPPORT TFP!