Become a TFP Supporter Pool Math Forum Rules Pool School

Thread: Cover will not close

1. Back To Top    #1

Cover will not close

I have a Infinity 4000 pool cover that sometimes does not want to close. There is a
    magnetic pickup on the end where the cover pit is that stops the cover when it is fully
    open. Does anyone know the setting or gap amount to adjust this switch to. I think
    the cover may be opening to far and when I go to close it, it sees the pickup and shuts
    off the motor.
    18 X 40, Ig vinyl, 3/4 HP Sta-Rite Pump, Sta-rite System 3 Cartridge Filter, Sta-rite Gas Heater,
    Autopilot Ditigal SWG, Legend Pressure Side Pool Cleaner w/booster pump, TF100 Tester

2. Back To Top    #2

Re: Cover will not close

Sorry, can't help...
    11,200 gal, Pebble-Tec; Tristar 2-speed 1hp - Swimclear 325 ft2 cart - SWG - A & A in-floor cleaner - Heat pump. For the poolside cooking, a Yoder Wichita and a Big Steel Keg!
    TF Test Kits -- PoolMath -- Pool School
    Make each day your masterpiece. - John Wooden

3. Back To Top    #3

In the Industry

Re: Cover will not close

Quote Originally Posted by fklarrison
    I have a Infinity 4000 pool cover that sometimes does not want to close. There is a
    magnetic pickup on the end where the cover pit is that stops the cover when it is fully
    open. Does anyone know the setting or gap amount to adjust this switch to. I think
    the cover may be opening to far and when I go to close it, it sees the pickup and shuts
    off the motor.
    Typically this pickup will only prevent the motor from opening the cover further, not closing.
    20X40 30,000 gallon gunite pool