Become a TFP Supporter Pool Math Forum Rules Pool School

Thread: New Intex Setup

1. Back To Top    #1

New Intex Setup

I bought an Intex 9x18x52 retangle pool. I plan on setting it up on a concrete pad that is 14.8 x 22. The concrete pad is smooth and i planned on putting 6 Mil polly under the pool to protect the bottom from abrasion. My question is should I add a 1/2 green poly foam board under the entire pool to give more protection and add some cushion for everyones feet? Lowes has a tongue and groove foam board that I will tape together before installion. Just want some input from everyone before I sink $100 into foam board.

Thanks Everyone.
    Intex 9 x 18 x 52 Retangle (AG)
    5000 Gallons

2. Back To Top    #2
    Silver Spring, MD

Re: New Intex Setup

Welcome to TFP!

The foam board will improve things, though it will work without it. From what others have said, thicker foam board usually works better, but then they didn't have as level a surface as you have.
    19K gal, vinyl, 1/2 HP WhisperFlo pump, 200 sqft cartridge filter, AutoPilot Digital SWG, Dolphin Dynamic cleaning robot
    Creator of PoolMath and Pool Calculator. Other handy links: Support this site, TF Test Kits, Pool School

3. Back To Top    #3

Re: New Intex Setup

Sounds good. I will check the pricing when I am at lowes to see what the 1 inch will run me.
    Intex 9 x 18 x 52 Retangle (AG)
    5000 Gallons