Become a TFP Supporter Pool Math Forum Rules Pool School

Thread: bath tub water

1. Back To Top    #1

bath tub water

I have been looking at this site for a couple of weeks now and am highly impressed with the knowledge and willingness to help that I have seen. My problem is my pool looks like it has bath water in it. Bubbles everywhere, almost a foam. My daughter has been using Synergy to get us going and we were needing to shock the pool because it was still not clear. So I shocked it with bleach. She then also put in Synergy Clear, which the bottle says is sodium dichloro-s-triazinetrione, 58.2%. That is what I think the bottle says. It is a reaction between the two chemicals and is there anything special I need to do? The pool is a fiberglass inground which holds 10,000 gallons. Thank you very much for any advice. I tried posting pictures but they are too big it says.

2. Back To Top    #2

Re: bath tub water

The very first thing that would help is a full set of test numbers.

The Synergy Clear you used is DiChlor, which adds CYA. It is a source of chlorine, so there won't be any effects with it and the liquid chlorine.
    Built in 1957 44,000 gallon in-ground, Wet Edge Primera Stone in Sky Blue, Intelliflo VF Pump, 600 lb. Pentair Triton II TR-100 Sand Filter, CircuPool RG 60 Plus SWG, TF-100 test kit
    If TFP has helped you, please click to SUPPORT TFP!

3. Back To Top    #3

I will try to get that this afternoon. I have a lot of staining also. I hope I can get pictures up this afternoon also.

4. Back To Top    #4

Here is what I have:
    FAC: 1.0
    TA: 98
    CH: 96
    pH: 7.6
    CYA: 10
    It has cleared up some, could I have a leak and it sucking air and putting it inyo yhre pool? The returns are rather bubbly.

5. Back To Top    #5

Sorry, my typing skills are pretty limited and I hit the wrong letters a lot.

6. Back To Top    #6

You can post your pics to Photobucket or similar hosting site and link them here.

How are you getting those test numbers?
    Dave J. TFP Moderator
    24' x 52" Round AGP. 2hp/¼hp SPL Power-Flo 2-speed pump. 200sqft Waterway Cartridge Filter. 45MHP2(3GPD) Stenner Peristaltic Pump
    Pool School ----- Pool Math ----- TF-Test Kit

7. Back To Top    #7

Test numbers are from the local pool store. I will work on the pics at lunch.

8. Back To Top    #8

Be careful of those test results. Especially the CYA number. Pool store numbers are notorius for being wrong and CYA is almost never right.
    Dave J. TFP Moderator
    24' x 52" Round AGP. 2hp/¼hp SPL Power-Flo 2-speed pump. 200sqft Waterway Cartridge Filter. 45MHP2(3GPD) Stenner Peristaltic Pump
    Pool School ----- Pool Math ----- TF-Test Kit

9. Back To Top    #9

Thanks for the advice. Here are the pics I hope.
    Attached Images Attached Images

10. Back To Top    #10

Was there ever any algaecide added to the water? That can foam.

Also, a lot of lotions leave a scummy film that can get foamy. Last year at a hotel, besides the murky water, I saw a pile of foam that looked like a foot of meringue in the corner of the spa. I didn't get in that pool at all...

And finally, was the pool green? Like, thick enough to walk on? Dead and dying algae can bubble up to the surface.

I encourage you to browse this site a bit. It shouldn'ttake long for you to realize that your own test kit is the key to clear water. Hint, hint.
    16K freeform gunite with spa; Pentair 4000 DE filter; Century Whisperflow 1 HP; Pentair Minimax heater.
    Troublefree does not mean Maintenancefree. It's like brushing your teeth: You can spend a couple minutes a day and pennies a week or go to the dentist once a year and spend several thousand dollars.
    A pool is like a pet - you have to feed it every day, even the days you don't want to play with it!

11. Back To Top    #11

To me the pool looks green, and adding the DiChlor would cause the bubbles for sure. It appears from what little I can tell you need to go through the shock process, and for that you are going to need the FAS chlorine test included in the better kits.
    Built in 1957 44,000 gallon in-ground, Wet Edge Primera Stone in Sky Blue, Intelliflo VF Pump, 600 lb. Pentair Triton II TR-100 Sand Filter, CircuPool RG 60 Plus SWG, TF-100 test kit

12. Back To Top    #12

No algaecide, nobody has been in the pool so no lotions. The pool was green when we opened it, very green. It is better today. I am hoping to get the test kit for Father's Day. Been hinting to the kids on a regular basis.

13. Back To Top    #13

Quote Originally Posted by hughscpa
    No algaecide, nobody has been in the pool so no lotions. The pool was green when we opened it, very green. It is better today. I am hoping to get the test kit for Father's Day. Been hinting to the kids on a regular basis.
    Hint a little harder, and add a speedstir to the wish list.

A test kit actually sounds like the ideal Father's Day gift....a toy for dad to play with, but the real beneficiary is the kids who swim in the pool.
    16K freeform gunite with spa; Pentair 4000 DE filter; Century Whisperflow 1 HP; Pentair Minimax heater.
    Troublefree does not mean Maintenancefree. It's like brushing your teeth: You can spend a couple minutes a day and pennies a week or go to the dentist once a year and spend several thousand dollars.
    A pool is like a pet - you have to feed it every day, even the days you don't want to play with it!

14. Back To Top    #14

HAHA! Richard I couldn't have said it better myself! If nothing else, when dad gets home from work it gives him AN EXCUSE to go out to the pool every day with a beer. The pool needs to be checked every afternoon!