Valve Question

Apr 28, 2011
Ok - hopefully an easy question - I have a main drain line and a skimmer drain line that come together just before entering the basket. My drain valves were buried outside of the pumphouse. I have found one of them, but I'm not sure if it's for the skimmer or main drain. Still looking for the other one. The valve looks like a regular old garden hose type gate valve - the righty tighty, lefty loosy type - except is has an S and an O on it. I'm assuming that for Shut and Open. If the O is at 12 o'clock the S is at 3 or 4 o'clock on top of the handle. If I spin it right, it will just go forever, so I think it's a ball valve. Those usually have a handle that lines up with the pipe or goes perpendicular to the pipe when closed, and also a stop so that you know when you've turned it to all the way open or all the way closed. Can anyone tell me what kind of valve this is and how I can know for sure if it's opened or closed?

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.